You might think I’m exaggerating when I say I have the perfect egg salad recipe, but I challenge you to find a better one. This recipe is a beautiful hybrid of the classic egg salad recipe your grandma used, combined with some hip, updated, elevated techniques that make this the perfect sandwich photo-op for your next weekend lunch.
Ok let’s get into what makes this egg salad extra awesome. First, we include vinegar in the recipe. Yeah – it makes a difference. The acidity of the white vinegar takes the mustard and elevates it so that we don’t have to add in too much sugar. Second, we are only boiling our eggs for 8 minutes, and then tearing them apart. Long gone are the days of chopped eggs for egg salad. I want a tear as aesthetic as my ripped jeans. Go on – tell me I’m wrong. Third, but most important, we are having our egg salad sammies on some toasted ciabatta, and are wrapping them in some parchment that we will then slice down the center. The result? A no mess sammich you can enjoy with some sassy sides. Let’s do this:
- 6-8 eggs (fresh is best)
- 1 TSP Distilled vinegar
- 2 TSP Sugar
- 1 TBSP Yellow mustard
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- Salt & pepper to taste
Here’s how to get the perfect boiled egg every time
- Get your pot of water boiling and put your eggs on the counter to warm up.
- Once the water has boiled, turn it ever so slightly down to a soft boil and put in your eggs. Make sure not to drop them so that they don’t crack.
- Set your timer for 8-9 mins (the less time the more jammy they are)
- Get out a bowl and fill it with ice cubes and water.
- Once the timer goes off – scoop your eggs out and give them a 2 minute ice bath.
- From there you can peel and tear your perfect boiled eggs!
- Now, mix the rest of the ingredients together into a bowl and top with paprika or scallions for color. Serve and enjoy!