Alright lovelies, I’m just going to say it… being so fresh and so clean can sometimes be… so complicated. Between workouts and travel, I find that the most time consuming part of my day can be getting myself back to the squeakily clean person I like to wake up as every morning… so I’ve gotten a little creative and found some time-saving, multitasking products/tips that take advantage of the time I do have… want to know more? Check out my list below!
But first…let’s get this disclaimer out of the way… none of the products mentioned below have been sent to me, and none of these companies know who I am… all thoughts are my own, so definitely let me know what you think in the comments below~
1. Time Saver- In-Shower lotion: Ok I hate to moisturize… there’s nothing worse than trying to put on pants after you’ve slathered yourself with lotion. I have pale, dry, sensitive skin, so my lotion needs to be thick enough to moisturize, and last long enough for me to find it worth doing…. and so I’ve got a solution for all my fellow lotioners out there: In-shower lotion… specifically the new one from Eucerin! Yes I’ve tried the Nivea ones. Not only do they smell overwhelmingly of that signature floral Nivea scent… but they don’t really do much… this Eucerin in-shower moisturizer has no smell, virtually no slippery sensation in the tub after application, and when I toweled off the first time I used it I actually felt like I’d already lotioned and sat around for 20 minutes to allow it to dry. Sometimes with the Nivea one I’d get really itchy a couple hours after use, especially after shaving my legs… so far Eucerin has passed with flying colors, which is reassuring seeing as the brand markets itself as a sensitive skin solution. Well done Eucerin, well done. I can now put on pants with ease, should I want to.
2. Multi-tasker- SPF 30 Setting Spray: Ever look up at yourself around noon and go, “When did my face fall off?” I find that the earlier I apply my makeup in the morning, the more likely I am to look up at lunch and notice that my blush, powder, and lip color have all disappeared…. and in comes the setting spray… why you ask? Who doesn’t want hairspray for their face that also acts as sunscreen? If I’m taking the time to put on makeup, I want it to be there until I wash my face that night. Bonus: because SPF wears off during the day, the COOLA Setting Spray I use acts as a face refresher as well as sunscreen on the go, whenever I want to reapply. It locks my face down in the morning, so that I touch up less during the day, saving me time, face, and purse space. BOOM.
3. Multi-tasker-Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream: Yes this is an eye cream… did it get rid of my dark circles? No… those are genetic, sorry ladies. Does it make my eyelashes grow? Sure does… who doesn’t want some of that?? A pleasant surprise, you can imagine how happy I was to have found out that I didn’t waste $37 on one eye cream. I apply when I’m feeling extra dry at night, and the morning before and after I get on a plane. Is it a pricy eye cream? Yes, but if you already use one and want to lengthen your lashes as well, check it out. Kiehls.com is even offering a discount if you sign up for their emails, and free samples with your purchase. Did I validate your purchase? You’re welcome. NOTE: you are only supposed to use the amount equal to one grain of rice. A little goes a long way.
4. Multi-tasker-K-Cup Coffee Scrub: Wait, what? Yeah I said it… I brew my Keurig coffee in the morning, and then dump the grinds from my K-cup into a jar with coconut oil. I scrub different parts of my bod in the shower with this exfoliating/stimulating/hydrating concoction (because who wants to do their entire body every time they shower?) and then follow with my in-shower moisturizer… yes this is an extra step in the shower, but since I shampoo and condition my hair at the same time I allow it… plus I read that all the Miss Universe contestants say exfoliating and moisturizing is the key to youth… so I’m gonna roll with it. Don’t use a Keurig? Regular grounds work as well, and you’ll have more to work with depending on your coffee maker. You can add Vitamin E oil to your jar if you’re feeling fancy for extra moisturizing power.
5. Time Saver- Pillow Hair: Not a product but a definite time saver, shower at night and let your pillow style your hair. If you’re like me and you have some wave to you hair but it’s heavy…. you know that styling it to basically make it look like what it always looks like is just plain annoying… so if I’m not strapped for time, I usually shower at night and let my hair air dry while I sleep. My horizontal position allows my hair to dry with it’s wave, and keep it’s volume because the wet hair isn’t hanging from my head… it’s resting like pinning a curl to cool after you use your curling wand. Sure I wake up with some crazy kinks now and then… but I roll with it and brush them out. You could curl/straighten if you please, but I think kinks add character.
6. Multi-tasker- Dry Shampoo: Now before you scroll past this one because it seems obvious, let me tell you that I don’t believe that dry shampoo is really any better for your hair than regular shampoo… If you’re removing the oil one way or another, how is that supposed to make your hair “healthier” or decrease oil production? Did I just blow your mind? Sorry… However, I do keep a bottle of Bumble and Bumble powder dry shampoo so that I can add volume to my dirty (or clean) hair without the nasty added texture that all other spray dry shampoos add. This one has virtually no smell, and I can still run my fingers through my hair after using. This I like.
Do you have any time saving multi-tasking tips or products you love? Think any of mine are bizarre? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and if you like what you’re reading, feel free to subscribe to my blog! It’s free, all you have to do is submit your email in the top right box of this post!