It’s officially that time of year where soup is considered a proper dinner. Something about the warmth of the soup, paired with some nice hearty #glutenfree bread and a glass of vino just warms the soul, you know? So the other day I pulled out my newest toy, my Vitamix, and I whipped up some homemade butternut squash soup with, you guessed it… bacconnnnn!
This recipe is truly as easy and tasty as it sounds, and if you get pre-cut butternut squash you’ve cut your prep time down to five minutes, tops. I’ve included the recipe below, try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 Whole butternut squash peeled seeded and cubed
- 1 White onion
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 32oz Package chicken or veggie broth
- 1 TSP Sage
- 1 TSP Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
- Heat up a soup pot with your 1 TBSP of olive oil while you chop your onion and peel your garlic cloves.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook until just soft.
- Add in cubed butternut squash and whole package of chicken or veggie broth and bring to a boil.
- Add rosemary and sage, cover and allow to simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Toss the entire mixture into a blender (I used my Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
- Cook up some baconnnn and allow to cool. Chop once cooled.
- Spoon soup into bowls, top with bacon, salt and pepper and enjoy with some a hearty slice of gluten-free bread!