It’s officially that time of year where soup is considered a proper dinner. Something about the warmth of the soup, paired with some nice hearty #glutenfree bread and a glass of vino just warms the soul, you know? So the other day I pulled out my newest toy, my Vitamix, and I whipped up some homemade butternut squash soup with, you guessed it… bacconnnnn!
This recipe is truly as easy and tasty as it sounds, and if you get pre-cut butternut squash you’ve cut your prep time down to five minutes, tops. I’ve included the recipe below, try it out and let me know what you think!
Butternut Squash Soup With Baconnnnnn
Author: Allison Beacham
Recipe type: Healthy Weeknight Dinner
Serves: 6 servings of soup
- 1 Whole butternut squash peeled seeded and cubed
- 1 White onion
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 32oz Package chicken or veggie broth
- 1 TSP Sage
- 1 TSP Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
- Heat up a soup pot with your 1 TBSP of olive oil while you chop your onion and peel your garlic cloves.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook until just soft.
- Add in cubed butternut squash and whole package of chicken or veggie broth and bring to a boil.
- Add rosemary and sage, cover and allow to simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Toss the entire mixture into a blender (I used my Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
- Cook up some baconnnn and allow to cool. Chop once cooled.
- Spoon soup into bowls, top with bacon, salt and pepper and enjoy with some a hearty slice of gluten-free bread!